Gibraltar, a boutique wealth management firm, is hiring.
Job Description – Associate Financial Planner
We seek a full-time, associate financial planner for our fee-only, wealth management firm in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The ideal candidate is ready and able to pursue a career in financial planning. Such an individual will desire working in a team-oriented, independent RIA environment; will seek to be involved in all aspects of the business - learning and shaping the way we care for our clients; and will gain valuable experience for maximizing a career in financial planning and wealth management. Candidates that fit our culture will embrace technology, enjoy a collaborative environment, and be eager to serve our clients in a fiduciary capacity. We value our clients and our clients value our team.
This individual will work with experienced wealth managers providing financial planning and implementation support. Although primarily responsible for the preparation and execution of financial plans, other responsibilities may include portfolio administration, investment research and analysis, and coordination of client service needs with team members.
Specific areas of focus include:
· Preparing personalized financial plans and analysis for our clients;
· Helping to execute the recommendations contained in those plans;
· Assisting with creation and implementation of workflows and procedures to improve the planning process efficiency and enhance client experience.
· Minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience or a degree in personal financial planning
· Possess or willing to pursue financial planning certification (i.e., CFP® and/or CPA/PFS)
· FINRA licenses helpful, but not required
· B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in Financial Planning, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Self-starter. Productive. Works well with a team and but can be a bulldog when working independently
· Keen attention to detail
· Excellent project management skills with ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks
· Committed to the pursuit of life-long learning
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Previous experience utilizing a CRM, financial planning software, or trading platform is a plus
· Competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience and potential
· Reimbursement of approved professional development expenses
· Customized career development process